Property Management Services
Hitchcock Realty & Associates manages single-family homes as well as apartments, duplexes, and townhomes in Coastal North Carolina. Our professional staff strives to keep occupancy levels high and properties in good condition while maintaining excellent communication with the property owners and tenants.
OUR LOCATION AND SERVICE AREAS:
We are located at 4459 Arendell Street, Suite 5, Morehead City, NC 28557 (31 miles East from New Bern) at the beautiful Crystal Coast.
We are servicing Morehead City, Newport, Atlantic Beach, Pine Knoll Shores, Indian Beach, Emerald Isle, Cape Carteret, Cedar Point, Swansboro, Beaufort, Harkers Island, Davis, Marshallberg, Smyrna, Havelock, and New Bern.
- Establish the highest market rental price.
- Advertise and show your property to prospective tenants.
- Lease Applications – including credit approval, employment verification, income verification, previous landlord reference, and a criminal background check.
- Collection of rental payments.
- A direct deposit to an Owner's bank account is available upon request.
- Pay expenses associated with the property such as maintenance bills, homeowner association dues, and any other payments requested by property owners.
- Advice owners of improvements that will help bring the maximum property value and rental income.
- Provide monthly, quarterly, or year-end and Owner's income/loss statements.
- Provide 1099-Misc Statements for IRS/Income taxes.
- Coordinate maintenance repairs and property improvements.
- Act as the day-to-day management arm for the property.
- Enforce rules and regulations as requested by the property owner, and Homeowners Associations.
- Conduct regular inspections of the property to ensure the maintenance problems are discovered early and that the grounds appear neat, clean, and presentable.
- Property documentation with photographs.
- Conduct post-disaster inspections (after hurricanes, floods, and other natural disasters) detail property documentation with photographs.
- Be responsible for the keys.
- Provide 24-hour emergency service seven days a week.
FINDING PROSPECTIVE TENANTS:
- A "For Rent" sign will be placed on the property. We will advertise your home on social media, such as Facebook, Instagram, etc. We will list your home in the local MLS (Multiple Listing Services) and syndicate to Realtor.com, Trulia.com, Zillow.com, Rent.com, Hitchcock Realty website and hundreds of other sites that showcase rental homes and apartments. When necessary, we will post your home on the Base Housing Referral List and local newspapers.
- Upon finding tenants, they will be asked to complete a rental application. The applicant credit will be pulled through the credit bureau, their rental, and work references checked and evaluated.
- After approval, the tenants will be asked to sign a lease and pay a security deposit within 48 hours. A move-in date will be established, and the tenants will pay a prorated rent amount before occupying the premises.
- After the tenants move in and all the utilities are turned on in their name, they will be required to complete a "Move-in Inspection".
- Rents may be paid by cash, check, money order, or wire transfer, credit card or direct deposit.
- Rents are to be paid to our office by the 5th of each month. After the 5th there is a $15.00 or 5% late fee, whichever is greater, added to the tenant's account, and a late notice is sent.
- On the 15th if rent has not been paid, you will be contacted, and we will discuss your options.
- Between the 7th and 10th, proceeds and computerized statements are disbursed to landlords. Any repairs made the previous month, and management fees will be deducted from the rent.
- Landlord disbursements may be mailed to you, or we can process a direct deposit to a bank of your choice.
- We complete a move in and move out inspection with each tenant.
- We drive by each property monthly.
- We complete an interior inspection every 3 months and provide a report along with pictures of your property.
- Our company has business relationships with all types of contractors, including plumbing, heating/air, electricians, and general contractors. Anything over $100, we attempt to contact the Owner prior to giving the contractor authorization. If the repair has been deemed an emergency and every attempt has been made to contact the Owner to no avail, a decision will be made by the property manager, and the Owner will be contacted by mail.
- Our agents are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for emergencies.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
If you are looking for a rental home or have a property in Coastal North Carolina and are looking for conscientious, reliable property managers, we'd love to talk to you!
To receive more information about our Hitchcock Realty & Associates Property Management services:
Call Margaret Hitchcock at 252-648-0300; cell phone: 252-269-2893, or e-mail: email@example.com
Or Sylwia Rola at 252-648-0300, cell phone: 252-622-2294, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org