Hitchcock Realty Rental Property Management Services
Hitchcock Realty manages single family houses as well as apartments, duplexes, and townhomes in Coastal North Carolina. Our professional staff strives to keep occupancy levels high and properties in good condition while maintaining excellent communication with the property owners and tenants.
Our Location and Service Areas:
We are located at 4459 Arendell Steet, Suite 5, Morehead City, NC 28557 (31 miles East from New Bern) at the beautiful Crystal Coast.
We are servicing Morehead City, Newport, Atlantic Beach, Pine Knoll Shores, Indian Beach, Emerald Isle, Cape Carteret, Cedar Point, Swansboro, Beaufort, Harkers Island, Davis, Havelock, and New Bern.
- Establish a fair market rental price.
- Advertise and show your property to prospective tenants.
- Lease Applications – including credit approval, employment verification, income verification, previous landlord reference, and the criminal background check
- Collection of rent payments.
- Direct deposits to owners bank account are available.
- Pay expenses associated with the property such as maintenance bills, mortgages, homeowner association dues, insurance and any other payments requested by property owners.
- Advice owners of improvements that will help bring the maximum property value and rental income.
- Provide monthly, year-end and Owner’s income/loss statements.
- Coordinate maintenance repairs and property improvements.
- Act as the day-to-day management arm for the property.
- Owner enforced rules and regulations as requested by the property owner.
- Conduct regular inspections of the property to assure the maintenance problems are caught early and that the grounds appear neat, clean and presentable.
- Property documentation with photographs.
- Conduct post disaster inspections (after hurricanes, floods, and other natural disasters) detail property documentation with photographs.
- Be responsible for the keys.
- Provide 24 hour emergency service seven days a week.
A “For Rent” sign will be placed on the property. We will advertise your home in the Carteret County News-Times and Sun Journal. We will list your home in the local MLS (Multiple Listing Services) and syndicate to Realtor.com, Trulia, Zillow, Facebook, Hitchcock Realty website and hundreds of other websites. When necessary we will post your home on the Base Housing Referral List or Havelock News.
Upon finding a tenant they are asked to complete a rental application and their credit is pulled through the credit bureau, their rental and work references checked and evaluated.
After approval, the tenant is asked to sign a lease and pay a security deposit within 48 hours. A move in date is established and the tenant will pay a prorated rent amount prior to occupying the premises.
A move in inspection will be completed after the tenant has had the utilities turned on in their name.
- Rents may be paid by cash, check, money order, or wire transfer, credit card or direct deposit.
- Rents are to be paid to our office by the 5th of each month. After the 5th there is a $15.00 or 5% late fee added to the account and a late notice is sent.
- On the 15th if rent has not been paid, you will be contacted and we will discuss your options.
- Between the 7th and 10th proceeds and computerized statements are disbursed to landlords. Any repairs made the previous month and management fees will be deducted from the rent.
- Landlord disbursements may be mailed to you or we can process a direct deposit to a bank of your choice.
- We complete a move in and move out inspection with each tenant.
- We drive by each property monthly.
- We complete an interior inspection every 3 months and provide a report along with pictures of your property.
Our company has business relationships with all types of contractors including plumbing, heating/air, electricians, and general contractors. Anything over $100 we attempt to contact the owner prior to giving the contractor authorization. If the repair has been deemed an emergency and every attempt has been made to contact the owner, a decision will be made by the property manager and the owner will be contacted by mail.
An agent is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for emergencies.
How Can We Help?
If you are looking for a rental home or have property in Eastern North Carolina and are looking for conscientious, reliable property managers, we’d love to talk to you!
To receive more information about our Hitchcock Realty Property Management services:
Call Margaret Hitchcock at: 252-648-0300; cell phone: 252-269-2893 or e-mail