179 Sea Trace Lane, Newport, NC 28570
Intelligent design by master craftsmen at a location few will ever see. 179 Sea Trace Lane, Newport, NC is a quiet scenic beauty just like a snap shot from a villa on the Greek Isles. All of this is tucked away on Bogue Sound that skirts the Crystal Coast of North Carolina.
179 Sea Trace Lane is approximately 3,240 square feet of heated and cooled interior space. It sits on the waterfront of Bogue Sound on a sprawling 0.67 acre lot, complete with hardwood trees. Although waterfront the property is elevated high enough to be out of a designated flood zone (Zoned X).
The comforts and joy of the outside surrounding the home lifts you away to another time and place. 179 Sea Trace Lane with its hint of European styling, water fountains, the pergolas, courtyard area, patio, hot tub, outdoor kitchen area all give the feel that you’re sitting on the Aegean or Ionian Seas off of Greece. But no, you are nestled away in privacy in one of Carteret County’s best kept secret destination places.
The home was completely re-built from the studs up in 2001-2002. It was improved upon again in 2007 with added features and comfort. Fronting on Bogue Sound the year round views, peace and beauty are without equal. This home is worth EVERY PENNY! It is both spacious and sophisticated.
179 Sea Trace Lane is a 1 story home. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 of which are master suites! It also has 3 full bathrooms and a 2 car garage.
The main living area of the home has beautiful hand cut Italian ceramic 13×13 tiles, with a marble centerpiece design in the foyer. These tiles are not from your local home improvement shop. They were made in Italy specifically for this house.
Cathedral ceilings in the living room are made of Armstrong acoustic and fire proof materials. This helps to absorb sound and light while minimizing bounced and deflected noise and glare.
There is a gas fireplace in the living room. But one of the star attractions are the Anderson windows overlooking Bogue Sound. Walls and walls of Anderson windows that give you a clear and unobstructed view of Bogue Sound. The only better view of the water is to stand outside in your backyard!
The skylights in the living room were handcrafted and fitted to maximize available light while making sure moisture and rain does not get in.
A large granite top counter separates the living room and the kitchen. The kitchen recently had all new stainless steel appliances installed.
Some features to highlight include the large Master suite. It comes with a gas fireplace, built in shelving and large Anderson windows for perfect water views. It has a Bose surround sound system in the master suite bedroom too!
The Master suite bath comes with a heated ceramic tile floor, heated towel rack, computerized shower with 2 rain heads, 6 body sprays, 1 shower head. Not only that but there is a heated mirror in the shower so you can shave and shower all at the same time!
There is also a separate toilette with magazine rack. And of course no master bedroom suite is complete without a large walk-in closet.
Additional features include a stone and brick front courtyard with water fountain. The side of the house leading to the back has its own private waterfront courtyard with hot tub and custom built counter with tile surface ready for built-in gas grill. This courtyard is a great escape area sitting in front of the water, under 100 year old Oak trees, with your hot tub and possibly steaks on your outdoor grill sizzling away!
179 Sea Trace Lane is located in a great school district. In fact Croatan High School has twice been voted by US News and World Report as one of the best! But even with the great schools, the tax rate is still one of the lowest around.
Here are some of the improvements from the 2001-2002 rebuild:
- New studs, drywall, sub floors, floors, wiring, copper plumbing, and new Anderson windows. New architectural roof.
- Custom-made maple kitchen cabinets with granite counter tops, “lazy susans” and pull out shaving.
- Custom-made maple wet bar with granite counter tops (stays)
- Beautiful Italian ceramic 13 x 13 tiles, with marble centerpiece design in foyer.
- Bose surround sound system in master bedroom and living room.
- Mounted TV in the master bathroom (stays)
- Cathedral ceiling finished with Armstrong acoustic and fireproof panels and skylights.
- Security alarm system and Intercom.
- Master bathroom with whirlpool tub, shower and double sinks (serves now as a secondary master bath)
- Three vent-less gas fireplaces in living room, primary master bedroom and secondary master bedroom.
- Electric panels have labels and documentation attached.
- Storage building for garden tools including planting center.
- Remarkable lighting inside and outside.
- Large walk-in closet in master bedroom.
- Spacious closets with built-ins thought the house
- Private waterfront courtyard with hot tub, outdoor shower and custom built counter with tile surface
- Custom built fountain in front courtyard.
- Humidistat with fan and lights in crawl space
- Beautifully landscaped yard with sprinkler system
In 2007 upgrades worth over $175,000.00 was added:
- Added another Master Suite (which serves now as a primary) with gas fireplace, built in shelving, large Anderson windows, Bose surround sound system and mounted flat screen TV
- Home office with large closets, bamboo hardwood floors and mounted flat screen TV
- Big master bath with beautiful granite counter tops, heated ceramic tile floor, heated towel rack, computerized shower with 2 rain overheads, 6 body sprays, 1 shower head and 1 hand held shower heated shower mirror for shaving, separate toilette area with magazine rack.
- New stainless steel kitchen appliances
- Added another heat pump, duct work, plumbing and electrical for the new section of the house
The description of 179 Sea Trace Lane makes it sound like a dream. The pictures support every word of it. But to feel the impact of this home, this location you simply must visit this destination.