Incredible Ocean Side Beach Home at 117 Fawn Drive, Emerald Isle, NC 28594
Click PLAY Watch the Video
The Crystal Coast of North Carolina, so named because of its crystal clear waters and magnificently clean and white sandy beaches. Emerald Isle sits on the western end of an island called Bogue Banks and is the jewel of the Crystal Coast. Now there is a home that just came available in Emerald Isle that meets and exceeds the standard of excellence that the area projects.
117 Fawn Drive in Emerald Isle is approx. 1,820 heated square foot home. It has 3 bedrooms, bonus room currently used as a home office, 2 full baths and 1 half bath. All three baths have been remodeled with new vanities, mirrors, lights and toilets!
The kitchen and bath flooring is high grade laminate – it is of the highest quality! Attention to quality and detail are trademarks of this home. Even the huge walk-in attic storage room is fully floored! See the list of features and upgrades below.
117 Fawn Drive is snuggled away in the Maritime forest allowing for nature’s shade to help keep you cool in the summertime. But for the beach goer, the house is located only 750’ from 2 public beach accesses. You can spend the day at the beach then walk back in 2 minutes to the comfort of your own home!
The maritime forest acts as a great wind screen too. But to cover all of the bases 117 Fawn Drive has a fortified roof with a (new in Oct. 13) 130 MPH Wind Rated “Energy Star” Architectural Grade Shingles with 50 year warranty (see details below.) The electric window shutters are wind rated for up to 120 mph! All of these things mingled with solid construction make this a very safe home during storms.
If you like sunning on the deck or observing all of what the Crystal Coast has to offer then you will love this home. It has not 1 but 5 decks! That’s right, 5 decks including an 18’ x 12’ screened porch and ocean view observation deck. There has even been new vinyl rails installed on all open decks.
Outside along the property in the midst of the maritime forest are the outdoor shower, hammocks, picnic area and 2 swings. Your home is literally a great outdoor nature park all in of itself! And let’s not forget the 4 car carport underneath the house, large storage room and mini garage for your golf cart.
117 Fawn Drive is conveniently located just across the high rise bridge off Coast Guard Road.
117 Fawn Dr. Emerald Isle-Detailed Property Features
FORTIFIED ROOF – Exceptional Blow Through and Wind Resistance. Roofing Contractors rated the new Duration shingles with SureNail® Technology as “clearly the best”. Please do research – you will be amazed!
- New Roof in Oct. 2013 with 130 MPH wind rated architectural grade shingles, Energy Star Rated.
- Shingles are a hi-end type Duration shingle, employing SureNail® Technology, which is a fiberglass nailing strip, and instead of 4 nails (per manufacture specs) owners paid the roofer extra to install 6 nails in each shingle.
- The entire roof underlayment is rubber membrane (using ice and storm shield, vs felt); entire roof re-nailed with ring shank nails at 4 in intervals. If there is any wind related shingle damage due to winds rated at up 130 MPH, this warranty covers materials in full until October 2028 (after which it is prorated at 2% reduction for each year) and labor until October, 2023. Extra bags of shingles are in the storage room.
- Transferable Roof Warranty. Shingles are Lifetime warranty to the current owners, 50 year warranty for the future owner (1st transfer) with 8.5 years remaining on a non-prorated labor warranty from Lowe’s.
- It is an Energy Star Roof. These particular shingle type (Shasta White) is the only shingle on the market that is Energy Star rated. That color roof (white) is treated with a special reflective material that reflects away the heat of the sun and UV damages to shingles therefore, reduced attic temperatures by up to 10-20 degrees, saving you approx. 20% of energy.
HEAT PUMPS (2 ZONES):
- Main Level, replaced with new American Standard heat pump (approx. 2007) and it has a ten year compressor warranty on it. Upstairs Level, original heat pump is older, but it still works great (BOTH are warranted by Choice Home Warranty.)
- Ecobee Programmable Thermostat on main level is WiFi type, can be controlled via Smart Phone or on line. Upstairs thermostat is standard LCD type.
SECURITY and ALARM SYSTEM:
- “ADT Pulse”, their digital top of the line system ($90/Quarter); you can control from your smart phone. CAN BE EXPANDED with thermostats, cameras, light and appliance modules, sensors and door locks you can open and lock remotely.
- Camera DVR Security System: Non-compatible w/ADT system, conveys AS-IS. This consists of four (4) white “Dome” style cameras – NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH LOGITECH HD CAMERAS (gray) you will see attached to piers under the house. DVR works great and connects to WiFi, for alerts.
- Septic currently permits 3 bedrooms, last pumped in August 2004. The house is being occupied only 10-12 weeks a year therefore, it has not been pumped since. Owners are using enzyme treatments once a year.
- There is an outdoor HD antenna on the rear upstairs deck off bedroom #2 – this “dish” like antenna has nothing to do with satellite reception – it is an HD antenna and gets excellent local OTA reception – this antenna sends signals to all TV outlets in the house. The owners rarely use the DISH and it is on “Pause”.
Note: DISH only works in master bedroom and living room but can be extended to upstairs bedrooms with additional “Hoppers”.
HURRICANE SHUTTERS and DOORS:
- While there is no documentation on the roll up shutters the current owners were told by previous owners that they were rated to approx. 120 MPH. There are shutters, both electric and manual, on EVERY window.
- Storm doors are a fortified storm door with 3 layers of laminated glass and 3 dog latches for security and wind resistance.
- House is built to hurricane standards, with each level bolted and strapped to the next higher level and each rafter strapped to the plates (you can see them in walk- in attic)
- Front deck and upstairs bedroom lower deck have had their board replaced in the past two years. Rear lower deck is only about 5-6 years old.
- Kitchen and bath flooring is high grade laminate – it is not tile nor is it vinyl – it’s very good quality.
- All three baths have been remodeled with new vanities, mirrors, lights and toilets – shower and tub are original
- Large attic storage room is fully floored and this is the wall that was shifted back when built, adding additional square footage
- New, good quality Berber carpet
- There is plenty storage under the house including large storage room and mini-garage for golf cart
- Work bench and storage cabinets as well as 2nd refrigerator in storage room, convey AS-IS
- There are outdoor shower, picnic table, 2 swings and place for 2 (or more) hammocks
- Water softener and filter is no longer used due to new water distilling plant, water is no longer hard – so it is in “by-pass” mode. No longer needed, it conveys AS-IS
- Home comes with an active CHOICE Home Warranty that will be extended for one year from date of settlement. It covers all appliances, water heaters, celling and exhaust fans, HVAC systems, all electrical and all plumbing with a low priced service call of $45.00
A FEW THINGS DO NOT CONVEY:
- Mermaid fountain by the front steps
- There is a DISH antenna attached to outdoor observation tower supports – this does convey however DISH equipment/receiver is leased and the ADT Pulse “basic” system is owned by ADT and will not convey unless new owner wants to transfer it.
- Furniture and accessories do not convey but the owners MAY consider selling some as a separate “bill of sale”.
There is no better opportunity than 117 Fawn Drive, Emerald Isle, NC. It has everything to offer and then some!
Contact Margaret Hitchcock today (252) 269-2893 to arrange your private showing of this great Crystal Coast home!
Emerald Isle, NC 28594
3 beds | 3 baths | 1820 sqft
FANTASTIC OCEAN SIDE LOCATION! Very well maintained beach home located within short walk to the ocean/2 beach accesses. It has many extras such as: Bonus Room, 3 Decks, Screened Porch, Observation Deck w/Oceanview, Storm Shutters, 130mph Fortified Energy Star Roof w/50 YR Warranty, Video Sec. System, Outdoor Shower, Carport w/Storage Room, Garage, Home Warranty. AND SO MUCH MORE! ASK FOR A FEATURE LIST. COPY & PASTE THIS LINK INTO YOUR BROWSER TO WATCH A VIDEO https://youtu.be/Sgf--2AEy0QThe Crystal Coast of North Carolina, so named because of its crystal clear waters and magnificently clean and white sandy beaches. Emerald Isle sits on the western end of an island called Bogue Banks and is the jewel of the Crystal Coast. Now there is a home that just came available in Emerald Isle that me
|Room Level||Room Name||Room Remarks||Length||Width|
|First Floor||Living Room||With Dining Area 13.5 x16||22||19.5|
|First Floor||Home Office||12||10|
|Second Floor||Bedroom 2||WIth Closet 6.5 x 2.5||10||17.3|
|Second Floor||Bedroom 3||With Closet 10 x 2.5||13..5||17.4|
|First Floor||Sunroom||Large Screened Porch||11.7||17.6|
|First Floor||Master Bedroom||With Closet 10 x 2.5||12.5||13.5|
Listing Office: Hitchcock Realty
Last Updated: April - 19 - 2018
Copyright 2017 NCRMLS. All rights reserved. North Carolina Regional Multiple Listing Service, (NCRMLS), provides content displayed here (“provided content”) on an “as is” basis and makes no representations or warranties regarding the provided content, including, but not limited to those of non-infringement, timeliness, accuracy, or completeness. Individuals and companies using information presented are responsible for verification and validation of information they utilize and present to their customers and clients. NCRMLS will not be liable for any damage or loss resulting from use of the provided content or the products available through Portals, IDX, VOW, and/or Syndication. Recipients of this information shall not resell, redistribute, reproduce, modify, or otherwise copy any portion thereof without the expressed written consent of NCRMLS.
Wednesday 19th of September 2018 02:38 PM